Wednesday, October 9, 2013

You're Gonna Lose Your Glasses

Violence is violent.

I wear glasses - have since I was in 7th grade. Currently I have two pair, both fit well, but when training in karate I'll take them off if I know I'll be going hard. All too often I've sent them flying when doing a quick pivot or spin technique, so eventually I've learned to remove them before I reach that level. Whether using my heavy bags, working on kihon or kata, I know that applying violent techniques will send more than my opponents flying.

Today I worked on kata at the local park on my way home from work.  Since I was sick the last couple of days I wanted to work through everything slowly, but near the end I decided I felt well enough to blast the last five or so repetitions of Nijushiho full force, so I took off my glasses and placed them on my outerwear I had laying on the grass.  While doing so I realized if I was ever attacked I was "gonna lose my glasses", whether by the attacker or myself retaliating, so just deal with it and keep on fighting. In other words, bad things may happen if ever attacked, but they must be ignored in your fight for survival.

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment